was founded by Barry and Barbara Touloukian in March of 1973. They purchased what was then known as Moss Wholesale Supply Company, a wholesale distributorship of heating and air-conditioning equipment. Barry started his own mechanical contracting business, The Touloukian Engineering Company, in 1959 which he closed after the purchase of Moss Wholesale Supply. In 1975 Barry changed the name to its current name, The Touloukian Supply Inc.
Barry Touloukian was born in Istanbul Turkey on October 27, 1927. In May of 1946 he came to the United States from Beirut, Lebanon to study mechanical engineering at Purdue University. It was at Purdue where he met Barbara Redmon, and they were married in 1951, two weeks after graduating from Purdue. In 1959 Barry not only started the Touloukian Engineering Co., but he also received his United States citizenship, something for which he was very proud of.
Barry passed away February 19, 1998. His work experiences included H.A. Thrush and Company, Ross Supply Company and Marburger Supply Company before becoming self employed.
The Touloukian Supply Company was a heating only, two and a half man supply house in a 5000 square foot building. Soon after taking over the wholesale business, Barry began to add to the product line introducing plumbing fixtures, pipe and fittings. Today, Touloukian Supply, Inc. is a full time supply house with many product additions since that beginning.
In 1994 Barry retired and turned the company over to his four sons, two of whom are full time employees, Brent, President/CEO and Bruce, Vice President. Blake was a part time employee and a full time firefighter for the town of Peru before passing away at the age of 49 from cancer, and Brock, who is inactive, is an athletic director in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Moss Wholesale Distribution was housed on State road 19 South about 3 miles south of Peru. In 1979, due to growth, Barry purchased the Memcor building and moved the business there. Then in 1981, our present building was built just south of the Memcor building. In 1996 a beautiful 16×40 plumbing showroom with offices above was added to allow customers to view a product as it would be installed. In recent years we have added a 75′x50′ addition to our warehouse. At that time we also added a new receiving and shipping area to the back of the building.
We believe that our customers are our lifeline. We believe in loyalty and service, the two characteristics that our customers demand.
Our Motto is:” IMPROVE OUR SERVICE EACH DAY THAT GOES BY BECAUSE SERVICE IS ALL WE HAVE TO SELL”